Protection without boundaries
The Sentinel XL® CBRN powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) system is specifically designed for the emergency preparedness decon team wearers. As a NIOSH approved loose fitting CBRN PAPR it’s specifically been tested to withstand the harshest threats.
- Single rugged system with blower platform supports DeCon operations and Infectious Disease application such as:
- Military warfare agents
- Biologic threats
- Industrial chemical threats
- Nuclear particulate threats
- Available with 3 battery options: non-rechargeable, rechargeable and alkaline battery packs to increase readiness
- Low voltage alarm (audible and visible) for increased safety
- Integral battery pack eliminates snagging potential and improves deconability
- Unique lay flat hood with adjustable headband delivers superior protection and comfort with no fit testing required
- Hood is sewn and taped; visor is impact resistant, made of optical grade polycarbonate
- Ergonomic backpack and Quick-Loc belt mounting options available. Backpack doubles as carrier and blower suspension system
- Conversion kits are available to allow ILC Dover’s CBRN system to convert to an infectious disease application
- NIOSH approved with highest protection rating (CAP 2) of any loose fitting CBRN PAPR – delivers twice the filter performance of a CAP 1 system
- ILC Dover Powered Air Respirator Systems and Accessories are Latex Free
Want to learn more about ILC Dover’s CBRN Powered Air Purifying Respirator Systems? Check out the materials below:
- Hospital decon teams
- Hospital first receiver teams
- Adapable to infectious disease applications (TB, H1N1)
All Sentinel XL products are NIOSH approved. NIOSH approvals
Are conversion kits available to convert my Sentinel CBRN system to a PAPR designed for infectious disease applications?
Yes – multiple kits are available with head covers, clear hoods, full hoods, and filters to economically adapt your CBRN PAPR.
Why would I select an alkaline battery adapter?
With the alkaline battery adapter you never have to worry about charging your PAPR. You’re ready at a moments notice and you can convert back to a rechargeable battery configuration in less than a minute.
Why should the NIOSH CBRN standard matter to me?
The NIOSH CBRN Standard for Powered Air Purifying Respirators was created to address the “ongoing concern of potential terrorist events and the need to provide the emergency responder and receiver communities with alternatives to respiratory protection as quickly as possible” (NIOSH CBRN PAPR Announcement Letter, October 6, 2006). This Standard addresses the special needs and consideration of respirators that protect responders and receivers in the event they are called to duty in a Chemical, Biological, Radiological or Nuclear event.
I hear a lot about capacity ratings of NIOSH CBRN approved PAPRS. What does that mean and why does it matter?
Capacity ratings reflect the approved service life of a filter cartridge based on NIOSH test requirements for specific gas/vapor challenges. A capacity rating of Cap1 indicates a NIOSH approved service life for the filter cartridge of 15 minutes when exposed to the gas/vapor challenge breakthrough criteria indicated in the Standard. A Cap2 rating indicates a 30 minute service life when tested to the same criteria. This means that a Cap2 approved PAPR system offers twice the gas/vapor operational capability and half of the operational costs of Cap1 approved systems. Certain design features and performance characteristics that go into a Cap2 approval may boost user confidence and operational capability during an event.
Is the Sentinel CBRN Powered air purifying respirator system and its accessories Latex free?
Yes – all of ILC Dover’s powered air purifying respirator systems and accessories are Latex free.
To place an order:
E-mail Customer Service
Sales & Customer Service
Tel: 1.302.335.3911 x506 or 1.800.631.9567 (US Toll Free)