Space Suits – Planetary Exploration Suits
- ILC Dover is the only company in history to develop a Planetary EVA suit that was used successfully on another planetary body; namely the Moon.
- ILC’s Mark III Rear Entry space suit has been NASA’s work horse for planetary space suit testing since 1989.
- ILC Dover’s patented mobility joint technology developed for the I-Suit was incorporated into the current state of the art Z-2 Exploration Space suit delivered to NASA in 2016.
- Most recently we’ve developed NASA’s Z Series of space suits including the Z-1 and Z-2 suits. Both advanced prototypes are rear entry multi-bearing walking suits but differ primarily in that the Z-2 utilizes advanced carbon composites for the upper torso and brief elements and the Z-1 suit utilizes all soft fabric structures.
- Unique sizing system to provide the best fit for an astronaut
- High visibility helmet system
- Incorporation of dust mitigation technologies
- Incorporation of anti-microbial materials
- Exploring the surface of the Moon and Mars
- Building and Maintaining Space Stations
- Heads-up Displays
- Self Healing bladder layer
- Power assist mobility elements
- Electronic Textiles
To place an order:
E-mail Customer Service
Sales & Customer Service
Tel: 1.302.335.3911 x506 or 1.800.631.9567 (US Toll Free)