Tablet coating is a common operation throughout the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. ILC Dover supplies a family of products that support contained Tablet Coating operation.
Two methods have been applied. One uses flanges that are added to the piece of process equipment by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The second is to totally encapsulate the coater with a pan mounted flexible enclosure. The use of flexible containment allows the end user to process under containment when needed and to use existing, open processing procedures when containment is not required.
- Provides the lowest overall cost of process ownership through low capital and operating cost
- Reduced cleaning and cleaning validation
- Fastest turnaround of a processing suite for subsequent manufacturing campaigns
- Nanogram containment levels achieved
- Does not affect ATEX and Ex ratings
- Ergonomics maximized
- Enclosure made from the rugged ArmorFlex® family of films
- Retrofit and existing equipment design
The containment technology can be applied to any Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) type of processing equipment. ILC Dover has made containment systems for tablet presses, coaters, dedusters, blenders, granulators, mills, roller compactors, spheronizers, extruders, fluid bed dryers, and weighing/subdivision processes.