Our Flood Protection products protect your critical assets while providing the flexibility to keep the property open until the last possible moment before an event occurs, and provide the fastest recovery time.
Due to climate change, storm intensity has increased thus resulting in rising sea levels, threatening critical infrastructure and high-value real-estate. As these effects increase in magnitude over time flood mitigation equipment will be required to prevent damage to critical infrastructure including commercial buildings, transit systems, and utilities. ILC Dover has a unique line of dry flood protection products that have been developed to offer significant advantages over other systems.
Our solutions are based on flexible materials (coated fabrics, webbings, textiles), combined with metal and composite materials. The use of flexible materials enables protective devices that can be packed into very small volumes and stored at their point of use (as with roll-up security doors or automotive airbags). This in turn facilitates extremely rapid response to deploy protection in an emergency. Our technology can also be tailored to meet special applications and our on staff Certified Flood Plain Managers can help you select the right solution for your needs.
Unlike stop log type rigid solutions, our Stored at the Point of Use Flex-Wall™ and Flex-Gate™ systems are quickly deployable and protect against flood levels from a few feet to over 30 feet. ILC Dover flood barrier systems are being installed by New York City Transit (NYCT) and a Major Electrical Utility to address subway and power generation facility flood protection needs.
ILC Dover provides end-to-end flood protection and prevention product support, from solution development, to fabrication, to installation support & maintenance.
- Point-of-use Storage - Avoids deployment delays, always available where needed, no remote storage
- Rapid Deployment with no Heavy Equipment - Can be deployed in minutes with minimal people with minimal training
- Scalable Designs - Can be sized to fit any opening or threat
- Robust Construction - Highly reliable technology proven in Aerospace and Marine applications with Engineered Materials
Our flood protection products can be used in many ways:
- Flood protection from natural disasters such as storms or earthquakes
- Flood protection during system maintenance or from events such as water main breaks
- Mining and tunneling safety devices for flood protection or other threats
- Rapidly deployable flood mitigation systems to protect against terrorist acts
- Controlling pedestrian or vehicular traffic flow
- Pedestrian Entrances
- Rail and Vehicular Portals
- Ventilation Shafts/Tunnels
- Piers and Deployment Walls
- Building Perimeters
Register to download our new white paper - Building for Resiliency - Fast Deployment Solutions for Mitigating Flood Damage