When Protection is Priority, Choose ILC DoverPersonal safety has been our watchword for more than 70 years. Our engineered softgood products, such as spacesuits, deliver the ultimate in protection, when lives are on the line. Today, we continue to blaze trails with the next generation of differentiated personal safety products. Our focus on advanced fabric and film technologies has led to a growing portfolio of innovative solutions that keep workers across a number of industries safe and productive.
- Our best-in-class powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs) are redefining how pharmaceutical and healthcare employees mitigate the risk of exposure to airborne pathogens, diseases, and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Our escape respirators deliver superior performance when rapid, ready-to-use protection is required.
- ILC Dover’s asbestos abatement products have set the standards in performance, ease of use and protection for decades.
PERSONAL PROTECTION IS OUR PASSIONWhen ILC Dover initiated our R&D on the first spacesuit concepts in the 1950s, we already had considerable experience working with advanced flexible materials and joining techniques to create high altitude pressure suits. Unlike these suits, our objective for the first true spacesuit went well beyond survival protection. We wanted to create a product that protected astronauts while they walked — and worked — on the moon. Our solution, the A7-L pressure suit, not only provided a life-sustaining environment for astronauts — it permitted maximum mobility and could be worn with relative comfort for up to 115 hours. Today, the spacesuit has become synonymous with personal protection — and symbolic of a passion that ILC Dover has pursued for decades. This legacy is fully represented in our family of personal protection products: powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs), escape respirators and full-body suits for BSL-4 environments. All of these solutions incorporate leading-edge flexible materials and advanced film technologies, and they embody the core principles that made the original spacesuits so successful — namely, they offer mission-critical protection while providing the highest levels of comfort and mobility to keep workers productive. All of our respirators are NIOSH-approved and are used by leading companies all over the world. Click below to explore our family of personal protection products. Concerned about the implementation of USP <800>? See our NEW informational brochure which summarizes USP/NIOSH guidance on respiratory protection with respect to Hazardous Drugs (HD).
Asbestos Abatement Products
- Disposable decontamination showers and airlocks
- AVAIL® glove bags for asbestos removal
- Chemicals for asbestos abatement
- High temperature application glove bags for asbestos removal
- Asbestos disposal bags for the rigorous demands of the asbestos removal jobsite environment