Blending is a common operation throughout the pharmaceutical manufacturing process. During the controlled mixing of dry primary powder particles and excipients the powders can range in properties and potency and, if not contained, can present cleaning and exposure issues. ILC Dover supplies a family of products that support contained blending operations.
The primary approach is to totally encapsulate the blender with a floor pan mounted flexible enclosure. Integral glove sleeves are added to the enclosure to facilitate access to control panels and loading & unloading areas of the blender. The enclosure is fabricated from our clear, rugged ArmorFlex® family of films. Often Bag-in/Bag-out (BIBO) Sleeves and DoverPacs® are used to transfer powders into and out of the enclosure.
A variety of Blenders have been contained by ILC Dover using Flexible Containment Technology. These include Globe Pharma Blend Master V-Blenders, Chitra V- Blenders, PK Blendmasters, Cone blenders, and many others.
- Provides lowest overall cost of ownership through low capital and operating cost including reduced cleaning and cleaning validation
- Fastest turnaround of a processing suite for subsequent manufacturing campaigns
- Process contained without contamination of motor, drive shaft and controls using flange attachment design
- Nanogram containment levels achieved
- Supports visibility for maintenance
- Does not affect ATEX and Ex ratings
- Ergonomics maximized
- Speed of implementation
- Retrofit to existing equipment design
- Single-use components
Globe Pharma Blend Master V-Blenders, Chitra V- Blenders, PK Blendmasters, Cone blenders, and many others